Service & warranty
American Tourister Warranty Policy
American Tourister Warranty
American Tourister guarantees all its products against any manufacturing defects, covering materials and workmanship, for the length of time stated in the warranty. The benefits conferred by this warranty are in addition to other rights, conditions, guarantees and remedies available to you by law in relation to the supply of goods or services under consumer law. Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure (as determined by an American Tourister Authorised Repair Agent) and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Please keep your receipt as proof of purchase as this will authenticate this product warranty. American Tourister products are rigorously tested to ensure that the travel products you trust meet stringent standards. Consequently, if a problem occurs with this American Tourister product (the "Product") and the problem is caused by manufacturing defects in material and workmanship, American Tourister will, in its discretion, either fix or replace the Product in accordance with the warranty terms and conditions stated herein. To facilitate this you should first find and deliver the product to an Authorised Repair Agent at a Service centre click here for a global listing.
Please note that you are responsible for all costs of getting the Product to any such Service Centre including, but not limited to, the cost of packaging, shipping and applicable taxes.
Warranty terms and conditions
- The warranty provided for herein applies only to the first purchaser or gift recipient of the Product.
- The duration of the warranty is stated on the warranty card inside the Product and/or in the list of Product features on our website.
- This warranty covers only manufacturing defects and does not cover any damage caused by misuse (such as transportation of unusual items), neglect, accidents, abrasion, exposure to extreme temperatures, solvents, acids, water, normal wear and tear or transport damage (by airlines for example).
- American Tourister requires that you use only an approved American Tourister service centre ("Service Centre") for warranty repairs.
- This warranty is global and you may have your Product repaired at any Service Centre in the world.
- Repairs performed by anyone other than an Authorised Repair Agent will void this warranty.
- You are responsible for all costs of getting the Product to any such Service Centre including, but not limited to, the cost of packaging, shipping and applicable taxes.
- For warranty service at a Service Centre, you will need the duly completed warranty certificate or original receipt of purchase.
- The Service Centre will determine whether or not the problem is covered by American Tourister's warranty. If the warranty applies, you will be notified as to whether the Product will be repaired or replaced. Any such repair or replacement will be at American Tourister's expense, including any costs required to return the repaired or replacement product to you.
- If the Product is to be replaced and the Product is no longer available, American Tourister will substitute a comparable American Tourister product.
- The warranty provided herein is limited to the value of the Product.
- Manufacturing specifications are subject to change without notice.
- If the product is not under warranty as determined by the Authorised Repair Agent, any repairs agreed to or freight costs associated will be at the cost of the owner
- Product locks are intended only to prevent accidental opening and cannot necessarily prevent theft of the Product or its contents, breakage or entry by airline or airport personnel or governmental authorities.
- Inspect your Product immediately after handling by anyone other than you. If damaged in transit, submit a claim to the transit company (which is insured against damaging your product) at the place of arrival, if possible, before clearing customs.
- Do not send your Product directly to American Tourister, as this will likely delay the repair.
What is not under warranty?
- Damages to the product that are the result of misuse or the actions of others
- Incidental and consequential damages are expressly disclaimed.
- Labour charges and damages attributable to work performed by anyone other than an Authorised Repair Agent at a Service Centre are not covered by this warranty.-
To the extent permitted by applicable law, any implied warranties are hereby excluded.
This warranty is intended to give you specific legal rights. In addition to the rights described herein, you may also have other rights that vary from state to state or country to country with respect to the exclusion or application of implied warranties, incidental and consequential damages and repair and replacement. Consequently, the limitations or exclusions specifically contained in this warranty may not be applicable to you.
American Tourister Australia Pty Ltd
5 Anzed Court, Mulgrave
Victoria Australia 3170
1800 331 690 firstname.lastname@example.org